4.01.2013

Almost Twins

I think we all remember how much I loved the LELO Ina. In case you need a memory refresher, I called it the best vibrator ever invented, insisted that you go buy it and even included a David Bowie GIF to convince you. I regret to inform you of some devastating news: the Ina 2 is just not as good.


What I've discovered in the blessed task of reviewing sex toys, is that it's truly a game of inches. In the Ina 2's case, it was an inch in the wrong direction. 


Now, to be fair (because if we are anything, it's definitely fair, right?), I understand that the original Ina appealed to a very specific quirk of my more intimate contours. Namely, I need relatively little penetration to reach my g-spot and enjoy intense clitoral pressure. If you used the original Ina and thought, "I just can't get this in there far enough," do not delay the purchase of the Ina 2. For you, they fixed it. For me, they ruined it.

Well, ruined is maybe too harsh. They did make it waterproof, which is a bonus no matter what else happens in the sex toy department. And the powerful vibrations and delightful stimulation patterns are still very much intact, but look at these two almost twins and tell me if you can spot the difference.


On the left, the original Ina, on the right, her younger sister. See how the external stimulator has moved just slightly down and away from the internal part? Incredibly, that's enough to totally change the way this vibrator works. Sad for me, possibly great for you. Which got me to thinking, why don't sex toys come in sizes??

We seem to have embraced the fact that tits, waists, butts, feet, dicks, etc. come in different sizes, but have up until now sort of ignored the fact that pussies come in different sizes as well. I'm here today to beg you, sex toy inventors of the world, codify a sizing system! Make these toys in short and long! You'll make a mint, I have a feeling.

I for one, would ABSOLUTELY buy myself an Ina 2, petite (or whatever you want to call it).

This product was provided to us free of charge by Lelo in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines. If legal jargon gets you wet, you're welcome, perverts.

2 comments:

  1. You've certainly got a point, V, not sure how I'd figure out what size I'd need, but I do know that however many reviews or specs of sex toys I read they won't necessarily do the same for me as they do for the reviewer, because everyone is a different shape and size. I also think I'd be prepared to experiment, you know try several toys to test this theory. All in the name of science of course, you understand! ;-) J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, darling. FOR SCIENCE! Seriously, though, this is a million dollar idea that I would be happy to consult on. ; )

      - Violet.

      Delete